MFY is a Tokyo-based digital media company that specializes in bilingual video production. Our team has an ingrained familiarity with the Tokyo landscape and a commitment to meeting your needs.
With experience in both commercial and creative projects we are capable of tackling any task you set before us. Whether you are our local or international client we will undertake your project with an exceptional attention to detail, quality, and creative sensibility.
"As our international fixer, Dugan Lunday was a pleasure to work with - hard working, intuitive at problem solving, and a consummate professional. Not only that, but he was extremely personable and simply a joy to travel with. He handled several situations with grace, including tracking down a lost wallet (mine) and dealing with an irate neighbor at our vacation rental. I would work with him again in a heartbeat."
Robert Muratore, Exhibit A Productions
Full Service Video Production
We identify as storytellers. Our obsession is bringing your mission, movement, or brand to your audience with the most impact. We handle everything from initial ideation through to distribution, whether it be documentary, branded content, commercial, corporate video, or short film. We do content strategy, consulting, scriptwriting, storyboarding, location shoots, video editing, graphic design, animation, color correction, sound editing, and more. We like to start from the source, familiarize ourselves with your story. We enjoy collaboration and communication through every step of the video production process: research, concept, vision, production, post-production, and delivery.
We provide full service international production coordination. We scout locations, obtain permissions, and assist during shoots. We source local talent, crew, equipment, and any other support services. We arrange transportation, accommodation, interview authorizations, and on-shoot preparations. We are experienced interpreters capable of simultaneous and consecutive interpretation during interviews as well as accompanied travel interpretation for off the shoot. Our familiarity with the local culture, customs, and laws will allow you to hurdle any of the language and cultural barriers preventing you from completing your project on time and in budget. We are experienced working with foreign production teams of many backgrounds, excited by any task, open to any kind of shoot, able to travel all across Japan, eager to see a project through to completion, and if you can’t make it to Japan, our experienced crew is enthusiastic to capture the shots you need.
Conservation and Community
As part its sustainability program, Yamaha is teaming up with conservationists and local residents to form new initiatives to support local communities and to manage and conserve the precious wood resources of Tanzania so that they can be used for the next 10, 50, and 100 years.
The Joy of Music
Through music Yamaha helps to enrich the lives of children. A world in which as many people as possible enjoy music, in which people share in the joy of music, and in which people’s lives are enriched through music is the mission of Yamaha's school project.
The Future of Investment
GCI Asset Management provides hedge fund management strategies and risk management solutions to institutional investors in Japan and abroad. The production introduce the work content and the allocation of expertise within GCI within the company framework.
Innovation in Printing
Mimaki Engineering, a model of Japanese industriousness and attention-to-detail, manufactures and distributes commercial-quality large-scale inkjet printers and cutting plotters. Movie props used in Godzilla Resurgence were printed using Mimaki Engineering equipment.
IoT Logistical Engineering
Introducing the Jena-developed streamlined beacon-compatible cloud platform Beacapp application being implemented in collaboration with the IBM Watson IoT platform to systematize logistics at Nestle Japan's Shimada Factory.
- Tsuyoshi Satoda
- Tsuyoshi is a corporate image consultant who energizes small and medium sized enterprises by visualizing the appeal of their work. A Kansai University graduate, former TV TOKYO director, and former freelance journalist at TBS, he is now the principal at Media For You since 2006. With the production skills he cultivated working in television and film, he is interested in visualizing the attractiveness of SMEs.
- Ami Netsu
- Ami is an editor and designer with a concentration in CG from Niigata Computer Vocational School. As a tech polymath she is an integral asset in the video production process at Media For You. She is fully versed in the Adobe Suite and in DaVinci Resolve. She is most interested in editing as a means of storytelling. She is also a serious animal lover with two beautiful cats here in Tokyo and a dog back at her hometown in Niigata.
- Dugan Lunday
- Dugan is a coordinator, designer, and concept developer. Applying the amorphous liberal arts education he received at Sarah Lawrence College and his experience working in the design field in NYC, he is currently focused on mapping the terrain of intercultural video production in Tokyo and thinking about issues relating to the responsibility of a documentarian in portraying a culture one is not affiliated with.
- Canon EOS C200
- Sony a7S II
- Sony a7R III
- JVC GY-LS300CH
- GoPro Hero 7
- GoPro Hero 6
- GoPro Hero 4 (x2)
- DJI Osmo+
- DJI Phantom 4
- DJI Mavic Air
- Canon CN-E 70-200mm T4.4
- Canon CN-E 18-80mm T4.4
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
- Vario-Tessar T FE 24-70 mm F4 ZA OSS
- Sonnar T FE 55 mm F1.8 ZA
- Sony FE 70-200 mm F4 G OSS
- Samyang 7.5mm f/3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT
- Voigtlander Nokton 10.5mm f/0.95
- Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm f/0.95
- Voigtlander Nokton 58mm f/1.4 SL II
- Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm f/0.95
- Olympus M. Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO
- Metabones Canon EF Lens to MFT T
- Sigma MC-11 EF to Sony E
- Tascam DR-10L
- Tascam DR-70D
- RØDE NTG4+
- RØDE NTG3
- Schure SM63L
- RØDE Podcaster
- AKG PCC-160
- Sanken COS-11D
- Sony URX-P03 + URX-B03 (x2)
- RØDE VideoMic Go
- Media For You
- 4-27-4 Kinuta
- (+81) 3-6386-8409